Help me identify the missing pieces to my roof rack | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help me identify the missing pieces to my roof rack

cb22

Reaction score
City, State
Va Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
There are 3 pieces of trim on the drivers side roof rack that blew off of my explorer on the highway. The passenger side is still intact. Has any body else had this happen? And to anyone who has taken their roof rack off, would you want to sell me these pieces? I cannot find replacements online.

Thank you

They are trim pieces that are held in with metal rings, a somewhat poor attachment arrangement. I lost the front and rear ones on the driver's side after the rack had to be removed to repaint the roof. I would be careful buying off ebay as the one I got wasn't even close. I finally got them thru one of the online Ford parts site that requires a VIN. I found that the site just reorders parts from a Ford dealer anyway. Next time I would just go to dealer. I think they were about $50 each. I attached using trim adhesive which I will probably curse if I ever have to take the rack off but at least they aren't going to blow off again.

Can't help you with the question. But every time I see a loose roof rack it reminds me of a few years ago. We've all seen mattresses on the side of the road from falling off cars and trucks. Once I saw a mattress on the side of the freeway with a roof rack still tied to it.

Back