Here is a List of what I have bought, but what order do I install them now? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here is a List of what I have bought, but what order do I install them now?

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
I have bought many items now for my Explorer, so many I am getting behind. Here is a small list of what I can actually remember buying and have on hand. My vehicle is still in the shop having a stereo installed, they will also lay my new OEM carpet and new Eddie Bauer floor mats in the vehicle since they have to take out the old to lay the wiring, so when it comes out of the stereo shop, what should I do next? Obviously this is more than just a day's work. Also I have to pay someone to do most of this, I am handicapped and cannot do some of the things I use to.
1 - EE X-Spec AirDam
2 - PIAA Pro90's - I NEED THE MOUNTING BRACKETS FOR THESE
3 - 4 Chrome CobraR's 17x9
4 - Pirelli Scorpians 275-55-17
5 - Flowmaster Exhaust, cat-back system w / 3" piping & SS tail pipe
6 - Mac Intake
7 - Chrome Pro MASS from EE
8 - EE Lowering Kit, complete kit with shocks and rear sway bar
9 - Clear Corners (I will do this)
10 - New Chrome rear bumber
11 - Paint the mirrors and windshield wiper plates & EE airdam
12 - 2001 Sport White instrument cluster ( I will do this )
13 - Apten dual program flasher ( I will do this )
14 - New Rotors from EE, the flashy ones
15 - Paint for calipers ( I will do this )
16 - New brake pads from EE
17 - Billet grille and bumper insert
18 - Auto detailing supplies - clay bar, etc from Zaino ( I will do this )
19 - New platinum motorcraft plugs, red plug wires
20 - Send parts out to Pheonix Imaging, I have all but 2 pieces duplicated now, so I will not be without my X on that. Waiting on OH console and console cupholder. ( I will do this )

I am sure I have more, just can't remember them all right off the top of my head without digging through the pile.
And would like suggestions on what to do with the elbow pads on the arm rest and the center console lid. I was thinking of having these wrapped in leather or suede or something, opinions wanted.
Thanks for your opinion, they cost allot, I mean, they mean allot to me. LOL.
How much in parts you think I have spent so far? ROFL, if the wife knew.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:smoke: wow i think we all wish we could stockpile that much stuff, that X is gonna look HOT :smoke:

I think if you find a good shop, then they should be able to most of it for you. Try finding a good shop for the lowering and ask what they would charge for the rest or most of it.

paint & body acessories last.
Less risk of scraches.
Wheels and lowering, then exhaust, then under hood, oh and send the EE air Dam to me as a gift !!
:)

Don't forget alignment, do it right after wheels and tires (which you do after lowering). Since you're doing brakes I'd do these before alignment also.

And yes, paint and body last; especially since you're doing trim mods.

I think I need to go to Alec's place and take care of it over there. He is already experienced in modding up Explorers, LOL. So much to do. I guess the body shop work is the last place to go. Didn't think about the scratches and stuff. I also may go to a muffler shop for the exhaust, John said to have it welded in place instead of clamps and brackets.

Just make sure those new intake parts aren't for a 5.0! :D ;)

j/k! Wish I could i have a list of stuff to do like that.

713 622 6589. I don't have a steady job yet, so most days I'm free after 130pm and on weekends. Will work for a very reasonable rate ;)

Suspension/Shoes:
1 - EE Lowering Kit, complete kit with shocks and rear sway bar
2 - New Rotors from EE, the flashy ones
3 - New brake pads from EE
4 - Paint for calipers ( I will do this )
5 - 4 Chrome CobraR's 17x9
6 - Pirelli Scorpians 275-55-17
7 - ALIGNMENT

Engine Bay/Performance:
1 - Chrome Pro MASS from EE
2 - Mac Intake
3 - New platinum motorcraft plugs, red plug wires
4 - Apten dual program flasher ( I will do this )
5 - Flowmaster Exhaust, cat-back system w / 3" piping & SS tail pipe

Exterior:
1 - EE X-Spec AirDam
2 - New Chrome rear bumber
3 - PIAA Pro90's - I NEED THE MOUNTING BRACKETS FOR THESE
4 - Billet grille and bumper insert
5 - Clear Corners (I will do this)
6 - Paint the mirrors and windshield wiper plates & EE airdam (PAINT JOB)

Interior:
1 - Send parts out to Pheonix Imaging, I have all but 2 pieces duplicated now, so I will not be without my X on that. Waiting on OH console and console cupholder. ( I will do this )
2 - 2001 Sport White instrument cluster ( I will do this )

Last:
1 - Auto detailing supplies - clay bar, etc from Zaino ( I will do this )

Nothing like a lovely detailed car after all of these installs! Keep in mind, I seperated this in categories because I thought this was the most reasonable, at least for me. I'd send out your stuff to Phoenix Image first, and by the time you have most of this done, you'll have them back and it will all be timed perfectly. I hope this helps somewhat, or gives you a better picture. Good luck! Pictures my friend!

EDIT: lol, skipped over the part where Alec would be doing most/if not all of this. Nevermind me then. I would have Alec work on mine before I let any mechanic, honestly. Hope it goes through with you guys. :)

Thanks Draft, now that is more catergorized (sp?) than what I had. I will have to give Alec a call tomorrow and check into his, "very reasonable rate". LOL, I hope it's just a 6-Pack or 2. ROFL

ummmm which lottery did you win?

hey, thats all gonna look great.

next time your gonna drop a bunch of money though figure out how to use it to do somethign no one else has done. in my opinion your dropping enough flow into your truck that you may as well do something awesome. You did the right thing with the audio system and it bit you (which is really too bad) but if you find a good shop they'll be able to make deadlines and do some cool custom touches with the rest of the truck.

Oh I did forget something that I bought and is over in the corner that I forgot to list. I got the hood scoop from EE for it also. I should have bought some stock in EE when I first came to this site. LOL, you think it has risen any? ROFL
John knows me by voice now.
1 thing that I don't have and want is a rear spoiler. Would love to get my hands on one of those Saleen rear spoilers.

i'd consider building a spoiler from scratch for the right price. i almost did it for myself, but decided i didn't want it.

Back