• Register Today It's free!

Hey ALL

davis3

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 xlt
Just wanted to say hi. Read some threads and hope to find some answers to an ongoing problem with my explorer. Look forward to conversing.
HI AGAIN.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to Explorer Forum!

Welcome to this forum!
Thanks for the Welcome. I've got a 1992 Ford Explorer XLT thats eating up brake shoes on the front drivers side. Replaced them 5 times with a 3-4 month span in between each replacement. Can't seem to find the reason they're being eat up. Don't realize they're bad until they start grinding and its too late. Each time I replace the shoes and the rotor. I have put new calipers on both fronts and also the hoses connecting to the calipers. I am NO mechanic and my brother has helped me with all of this so forgive if the terms arent correct. The only suggestion I have so far is from a mechanic who says to jack up the rear and make sure the back breaks are in working order and not all the work is going to the front and he next says to replace the master cylinder. Any suggestions to why the front seems to be locking up and eating up the shoes??? Last night when we went to take off the wheel the caliper was locked to the point we could hardly get it off..Sure could use some help. Thanx in advance.

welcome

Back