• Register Today It's free!

Hey board! NEWB, here

charles93sport

Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 sport
Hey guys, Im a, newb, here, Im currently am working on a 93 sport. Its been dead for 2 years. I just now today sold my 88 thunderbird turbo coupe. So I have 500 bucks to spend on my exp.

Little story behind the truck, I was left an inheritance back in 1999, from an uncle. I bought the truck with 83k, on the clock. It was nurse owned, and still smelled new. So I am attached to the vehicle, for its sentimental value.

My main concern, is should I fix the 4.0, and wonder when the tranny is going out, or go head and purchase the 89 stang 5.0 5sp thats wrecked from my uncle, and throw it in the exp.
The 5.0 is good running, and has a fresh t5, ON the other hand, the 4.0 short block has about 115000 miles, the radiator busted, it ran hot and cracked the passengerside cylinderhead. I have 2 good heads set aside, but to send them to the machineshop, its going to be about, 300 dollars. and another 150 for gaskets and head bolts, also needs a radiator.

So that almost equals the 500 bucks I have set aside to use.
Would you guys figure for 500, I could buy all the stuff to put the 5.0 in the truck? The radiator in the stang, is new, so I wont need to have to buy another. Ive been reading alot on this swap fpr a few years here and over at the rangerstation.com What do you think?

THANKS FOR ANY RELPIES OR RESPONSES!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome charles

Back