• Register Today It's free!

Hi from WI!

Kurama

Reaction score
City, State
Oshkosh, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport 401a
Hi Everyone! I'm Andrea and this is my new to us 2014 Explorer Sport and her name is Kurama.

I come from an Explorer family - my parents owned 1998, 2000 and 2003 Eddie Bauers, and a 2000 XLT. Now they have a 2009 Yukon XL Hybrid.

Kurama is the second Explorer I've owned, the 2003 Eddie Bauer was passed to me but the timing chain went out and with some other problems, it was more to fix than it was worth.

My husband and I searched forever looking for an Explorer and lost a total of 7 of them to other people (they sold the night before, someone just came and bought it...) before we found Kurama. Neither of us knew much about the Sport model but fell in love right away.

I'm partial to Explorers - in 2002, my dad was taking me to school and we got t-boned by someone in a Bronco, going 50mph in a 25. The Bronco hit my side of the truck and we spun three times. There was snow on the ground and when the police came, they said the Bronco didn't even hit its breaks at the yield sign. I walked away, literally, with just some sore muscles and a headache. My dad was fine and the Eddie Bauer wasn't totaled.

I am more of a lurker, and I've been reading for a few weeks now on the forum and have learned a ton. Thank you to everyone!

Now, this is Kurama, my pride and joy:

IMG_20200110_151021.jpg

IMG_20200111_211750.jpg

IMG_20200102_133141.jpg

Welcome to the forums

Back