• Register Today It's free!

Hissing sound?

aschrier44

Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer base packag
When I have the defroster on I hear a constant hissing sound. But it stops hissing when I go back to regular fan. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be?? I’m not a mechanic so not sure what to do

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you hear the same sound when you run the A/C? When you use the Defrost setting, you are also turning ON the A/C to take away humidity.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you hear the same sound when you run the A/C? When you use the Defrost setting, you are also turning ON the A/C to take away humidity.

Peter
No it’s only in defrost mode

AC is running when defrosting. Needs a refill. And check the compressor/belt (leakage/tearing).
But you just made a post on your profile. You’ll get more answers when you post in the correct sections.
Greetings

But you just made a post on your profile. You’ll get more answers when you post in the correct sections.
Greetings
I'm not sure what you mean by that? It was posted in the correct forum.

Peter

I'm not sure what you mean by that? It was posted in the correct forum.

Peter
Oops sorry, it said „profile update“ or sth. when i saw the post. Must have misread.
My bad.

Oops sorry, it said „profile update“ or sth. when i saw the post. Must have misread.
My bad.

FD92761D-08FC-4806-908C-A8DD2D5B3F03.jpeg

Back