Homelink or Car2U for 2013 Ford Explorer models | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Homelink or Car2U for 2013 Ford Explorer models

I don't think I specified my build date earlier, but it would jive with your theory. 2013 Limited, 302A, w/CAR2U visor; build date March 16, 2012.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just an update...I asked Ford on twitter and they were unable to give me an answer on why some Limiteds have Car2U and some have Homelink. They said they would email someone internally at Ford but I never heard anything back

Just an update...I asked Ford on twitter and they were unable to give me an answer on why some Limiteds have Car2U and some have Homelink. They said they would email someone internally at Ford but I never heard anything back
Perhaps they are just trying to use up their stock of the Car2U ones. Just a guess. :dunno:

Peter

I have a Linear LS050B garage opener and it seems this unit is recognising the signal from the Car2U transmitter, after going through the programming sequence, but not actually doing anything about it.
The red LED in the motor unit is flashing about 4 times when I press the Car2U remote. Any ideas what next? Contact Car2U?

I have a Linear LS050B garage opener and it seems this unit is recognising the signal from the Car2U transmitter, after going through the programming sequence, but not actually doing anything about it.
The red LED in the motor unit is flashing about 4 times when I press the Car2U remote. Any ideas what next? Contact Car2U?
I'm not familiar with that garage opener. Is that the normal operation of the opener, to flash the red LED's 4 times? If not, could it be an error indication?
I find that some of the problems people have is due to not clearing/erasing the visor button's memory after a failed programing attempt. I has a problem one time with a Homelink until I decided to use the clear or erase memory function before trying again.

Peter

Back