Hoodflector (by Auto Ventshade)

Blues

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer, 4X4, V8
Anybody have one of these on their X?

Curious about how low profile they are compared to the Bugflector/Bugflector II. About how high does it ride above the hood?

Does it attach with the double sided tape or does the hood accept the fasteners? (I'm less than thrilled about the idea of using double sided tape.)

I've noticed a propensity for the X to collect chips/dings during a relatively high speed 1500 mile round trip so I can see where I'd prefer the deflector to putting my touch up paint skills to the test more than necessary.

The reason I'm interested in the low profile model is that I keep the X under a cover during the week as I have an assigned vehicle for work and this version seems like it would interfere less with the fit of the cover.

Any info or pix appreciated.

I have the Bugflector II on my 98 and it attached with fasteners. There is about an inch or so between it and the hood. Here's a pic of mine with it on.

explorer1.gif

Thanks, that picture is pretty useful to give me an idea how it looks from the side.

Any drawbacks with it? Turbulence? Difficult to clean with it in place?

Many thanks for sharing the pic and the info.

No problems yet. I've it has long as I've had my truck (4 months). There is just enough room to run my towel in between it and the hood so drying is not a problem. It stays pretty much in place even doing 90 on the express way. Glad to help ya out.

Back