Hot Air blowing out the vents | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hot Air blowing out the vents

I can't figure this out? I have my heater core hoses looping so no hot water is circulating through the core to heat up any recirc air coming in. I still get very warm air?? It must be radiant heat off the exhaust pipes or just radiant heat inside the engine bay where the air enters. Even when its cool outside very warm air still comes through the vents. If I turn on my blower it helps to cool down that warm air but this is making me want to pull out that HVAC box in the engine bay find exactly where the air enters and either seal it up permanentely or route a duct so it draws air that is away from the engine.

I know my HVAC box has a huge split down the middle on the bottom but I don't get any hot air with the fan off. Just a thought though, maybe yours is worse than mine? Have you felt the bottom of the box?

I had it off before when i replaced my Evap core the box is not cracked. I been looking at the diagrams of the HVAC box. The outside air inlet is on the fender side of the blower motor. It either is behind the fender or down below behind the wheel well. I suspect its the later it ducts down below close to the exhaust pipe. The flap I zip tied up to keep closed must not be sealing tightly. What I been doing is running my blower on lowest speed. Its mixing inside air with the outside air that is getting past the flap making the air not feel so hot.

DSCN2357_zpsd2453460.jpg

Back