how many bulbs for an instruments cluster 94 XLT? all are 194's? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how many bulbs for an instruments cluster 94 XLT? all are 194's?

fabianoliver

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Montevideo - Uruguay
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Hello all.
I'm replacing some dash parts, and i wanted to replace all the instruments bulbs.
The point is that i need to bring from USA some longlife Sylvania's, because here (in my country) they're not available...
So i need to know prior to dismantle, how many i need to buy...
Someone knows how many bulbs has an instrument panel ? all are 194's?
i cannot find this info....

Thanks for your help!

20220916_152808.jpg

17, all 194.
swapped to LEDs years ago. which makes the color more vibrant. but Made the mistake of getting super cheap ones though. They can glitch out and flash due to poor solder quality (guessing).Kept incandescent in the CEL & oil warning lights just in case the led's weren't as reliable.

20220916_152823.jpg

View attachment 434530

17, all 194.
swapped to LEDs years ago. which makes the color more vibrant. but Made the mistake of getting super cheap ones though. They can glitch out and flash due to poor solder quality (guessing).Kept incandescent in the CEL & oil warning lights just in case the led's weren't as reliable.

View attachment 434531
txs Childldentical, i don't know yet what to do about leds.....
i've the stick version, so is an easier removal, but anyway, is easy to take off the speedo cable? any advice on that?
thanks!

as I recall regarding speedo cable: disconnect the connection at the trans/vss first then push the cable through the firewall to make extra slack when removing the cluster.

Back