how to mount a flag in the back of my ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how to mount a flag in the back of my ranger

Car-Dog

Reaction score
City, State
Fresno, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Ranger 4X4
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has mounted a flag on a ranger. I have been trying to figure out the best way to do it but i am still not sure quite how I am going to do it. Any input would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd probably take the time to find something that would go into the receiver hitch, but nothing I know of requires flags around here

Most that fly flags in here, fly them on their CB antennas, a few fly small ones on their FM antennas. If you want to fly a flag , say for the 4th of July I would guywire a pole in the center of the bed. IMHO.
Check out "Wave your flag seriously thread" there are several mounted flags there

ya the flag i am trying to mount is 6 feet long so it would have to go in the bed I think. And I don't have a cb so that wouldn't work for me. And I also need it to be removable. So any ideas. And how would the guywire thing work?

use the stake holes in the bed, better if you have tie down plugs in them. center your pole where you want it and then using a couple of wraps around the pole to secure it, fasten it to the the tie downs in a criscross pattern.

Back