• Register Today It's free!

How You Doin?

Chickenbone

Reaction score
City, State
Cranford, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
As the title implies; I am a nOOb from Jersey. I bought a 2005 Explorer XLT from a friend back in March of 2019. At the time, it had 93k on the odometer and she was selling it before moving down south. As it sits now, it has 106,311 miles on the odometer. It doesn't see too much driving. It has the stock 4.0L and the 5R55S trans. I got this SUV for my Mom to replace the '86 Crown Vic that she blew up. First thing I did after taking it out for a shakedown run was replace the stock brakes with EBC rotors and pads. Made a huge difference! It still has those brakes as it doesn't see too many miles; I do periodic inspections to see if I need to replace those components. A few months later, I replaced the tires as the originals were beginning to dry-rot. In the spring of 2021 she started seeing a CEL; which turned out to be a bad fuel rail pressure sensor. Since that sensor sits under the intake manifold; I decided to replace all the gaskets and the intake manifold (with a junkyard piece). Since then I have done a tune up and replaced a couple vacuum lines that were dry-rotted. I don't plan on modding the Explorer; just keep it running smooth for my Mom; as I have my daily driver and her Crown Vic (kept it for weekend cruising) to maintain. Other than that, this is probably the best vehicle I have gotten. It's easy to drive and it's 4WD. I don't worry about it breaking down on my Mom.

My current issues with this Explorer is a bent fuel filter bracket bolt that won't back out; and a Message Center with some sort of neurosis. I will address the latter problem in the forums. Thats pretty much it for now.

Welcome from an ex-Jersey resident.

Back