• Register Today It's free!

howdy y'all

neo297

Reaction score
City, State
athens, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 xlt 5.0v8 & '95 4.0v6
Just wanted to intoduce myself. I'm 41 married with 3 boys ages 12-15 the oldest is 6'1 250lbs with a size 15 shoe! I was a little hesitant to buy my 2000 xlt v8 2wd but after test driving it we all seemed to fit ok if my oldest rides up front! My wife does not always like it but since we also have a 2004 youkon xl with 2nd row captains chairs we use it for long hauls. I actually enjoy the explorer more in that it is much sportier in its driving characteristics, read rough/firm ride, and with the 302 it accelerates better. I use it to tow my motorcycle trailer and do not even know i'm towing anything.I tend to do all my own work on my vehicles if i have the tools to do so. I have yet to need to do anything other than oil changes. It had 95,000 miles on it when i bought it 6-8 months ago and all electronic items work its leather seats have held up well and there are no major bodywork issues other than small rust areas around the rear windows and under the tailgate at the top. I spent $6,000(out the door) and so far am pleased with everything but the rear winshield wiper which I knew going in were problematic. I look foreward to being a member but hope I do not need to seek out too much help and will be happy to give input when i feel i can be of help.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Neo and welcome to the forum

Welcome to Explorer Forum! My shoe size is much smaller, like 8 1/2-9.

welcome i am 27 years old and i am 5'10 1/2 and i wear a size 14 shoe

Back