• Register Today It's free!

HVAC Pin outs needed please.

Kikinz24

Reaction score
City, State
Youngstown, ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer base
Ok so I'm doing what everyone says is impossible I have a 2015 base 4wd I bought wrecked and I have a 2014 xlt parts vehicle I'm currently changing radios out I want the 8"mft with sync so vehicle completely stripped and complete dashes swapped over the radio works. But my Hvac controls will not , I need the wiring pinouts for the hvac module under the radio which I assume is where my issue lies now looking at the plugs they do have different color wires, so I need a pin out for a base with 4"radio no sync and an xlt with the mft sync radio, if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it, I did read on the fusion forum swapping a 4" to 8" and some pins needed changed in order for the hvac controls to work, but both had sync already

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out the guys in the F150 forum, as they dive into this on a regular basis.

I've read a ton of those but those guys are just using the existing plugs and adding pins and moving some pins around I used the entire dash wiring and all, trying to figure out how to get the screen controls for the Hvac to function currently it shows the system is off, leading me to my next thought if it is wired differently at the bcm possibly,

That shows the wiring and directions but I need actual pinouts. Of I would guess to say hvac and the bcm.

Do you need pinouts for the HVAC module or the Front control interface module (faceplate with buttons)?

Base HVAC module and high end module have the same connectors according to alldata.

If that's the case then I need the bcm pinouts where ever the wires g I've the signals to the heater controls. The front bezel has the same 5 wires colors and all all in the same spot and it looks like the hvac module does also. The higher end one has a few more wires (which my original plug has empty slots) I would go with saying it's to control the dual zone. So I need the bcm pinouts. That's where they have to be different

Back