I got a CEL when I went off road at lunch!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I got a CEL when I went off road at lunch!!!

Brett F.

Reaction score
City, State
Upstate SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 4x4
Ok so they are cutting out for a possible subdivision near work and a buddy and I drive down through the roughed up earth just to really do something other than sit in the cafeteria. Well when we were on the road everything was fine. When I started driving off road, never engaged 4wd it didn't get rough at all just little bumps here and there nothing big, I got a CEL. I was like WTF is that all about. Instead of going further we turned around and came back. Popped the hood and looked at everything and it all seems to be fine. Turned the engine off and then started it back up and no CEL everything is fine.

'93 XLT 4.0 OHV Auto locking

What do you guys think it might be?

Am getting a weird exhaust noise. About every 1 to 1.5 second I get a little bet stronger puff out of the tail pipe.

I have cleaned the MAF, drilled about 15 3/8 holes in the air box, done the TB sensor tweak and sea foamed it. Also put lucas in the oil when I changed it on last Sat. With QS SUV 4X4 blend 10w-40. I also took the neg. battery cable off for about 5 min after the MAF cleaning.

Any ideas guys and gals????

THanks

SOP would be to pull codes from the computer and see what codes are stored in continuous memory (see www.troublecodes.net/Ford)

Back