I have new speakers on the way, leejen? someone just check this out.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have new speakers on the way, leejen? someone just check this out....

unpredictable1

Reaction score
City, State
AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 blazer lt
I have a Clarion deck, and I'm still runnin my stock speakers and sub. Is there a way to disable just my sub for now so my speakers are getting the full power?

My understanding is that the deck is running into a stock amp that power my speakers and then another that power my sub. but in order to have the sub working you have to keep both amp running er sumthin.

anyways. I have a set of Pioneer TSA6865s on the way and will be ordering another set for the rear.

Am I better off running just the deck and the speakers and removing/disabling the sub?

Sorry for the long post...

thanks,

leo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you might as well keep the subwoofer for now. it wont give your full range amp any more power.

how about if i wanna get rid of the use of stock amps all together?

the clarion deck got to have better crisper power to send to those speakers....

then yes, just run the speakers off the clarion headunit. that would sound much better then the factory amp.

ok then well, do i have to totally rewire the system or is there a way to disable/bypass the stock amps? :)

i don't even know where the amp is that powers the speakers, i know the sub one is in that rear panel where the sub is located.....

the full range amp is right next to the sub amp.
and you can get an amp bypass harness from crutchfield or CC for about $15.

Back