I need upper ball joint part number for 91-94 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need upper ball joint part number for 91-94

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
I am in need of the part number for the upper ball joint on 91-94 Ex's. I may need to replace some in the future and someone I know has 2 for a Ford truck 78' to 86' that he says is the same as Explorer, Ranger and Bronco. They are OEM in box and he says part number on box is K8412 other numbers on box are FRJ462 and 18379. I tried to reference these without luck.

Any help is appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump

Awww Come on!! I know that someone here knows!!

ok dont now if this will help but looking at the jc whitney book the part # to the lower ball joint is12zs6567y and its only $18.99 and the upper part #is 71zs1796w they have the same # for a 82/89 ranger 4wd and the prise is only $21.98. if this is not what you are looking for sorry but just my .also its on the everything automotive on page 186.

it seems like everyone has their own part number and so it is hard to cross reference.

I dont know the numbers, but you may be able to contact Torrie At FPN, he may be ablke to cross reference it - at least tell you if it will work.

It might be worth it, I don't know what a hassle. He has just one for $15. I figured I would save as much as I could since I plan on replacing both upper and lower ball joints on both sides when my warranty radius arms come in. I also plan on replacing all bushings and front u-joints while I'm doing this. But for just one ball joint the $15 bucks or so I'll save isn't worth this hassle.

_Warranty_ radius arms? ? How did you get Ford to give you warranty replacement radius arms, on an older vehicle? Are they lifetime replacement items?

Not Ford, Superlift. One radius arm broke and the other has a crack.

Oh, I see. Regarding the ball joints, I think a lot of people here seem to really like the quality of the Moog balljoints. And I think the Moog ones are greaseable, with a grease fitting. Maybe you can look at the Moog website (I assume they have a site) for the part#'s for those.

I went to moog first to try to cross reference the part numbers, since I want to use the greaseable moog ones when I change them out. I was already thinking this Rhett but thanks.

I checked out autozone for balljoints, they have greasable TRW balljoints, 16 bucks a piece for the lowers and 23 bucks each for the uppers. And they have a lifetime warranty. This is what Im going to use in a couple weeks in my '91 Ranger with bad ball joints.

Well I'll have to do a search before I buy mine and see what the concensus is as far as brand on them. Moog was my first choice and I had priced them locally and they were 71.98 for 2 uppers and 73.98 for two lowers. I knew it was high but didn't realize how high. I want to get the best I can. But I am also trying to not make it all so expensive that I start considering a SAS up front.

Jack, I just replaced my ball joints with Moog. I first ran a thread asking what the best brand was, and Moog was the popular concensus. I got them from Carquest for about $35 apiece. Let me know if you want those part #'s.

Not yet, I am running 35's and need to check on the ones with caster adjustment or camber I can't remember which it is. I did some reading on it a while ago but I am thinking I may need to go with that type.

Try going to this site https://mfr.ccitriad.com/mfrcat/ext...&extusr=FMOGuest&extsupplier=FederalMogulFull from here you can put in the vehicle info and it will give you the moog part number you can also get to TRW part number. If the link does not work just type in federalmogul.com and click the link for aftermarket then click on north america then go to the moog link and look for the electronic catalog this will get you to the same spot. I have not been able to find any cross refrence for these parts to take you to a OEM number but I have found that MOOG and TRW are some good products and they do have a greaseable fitting

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
Not yet, I am running 35's and need to check on the ones with caster adjustment or camber I can't remember which it is. I did some reading on it a while ago but I am thinking I may need to go with that type.
???:confused:

Originally posted by X-1
???:confused:

Well I saved my 1000th post just for you X-1. I guess I was confused about this when I had posted it. But just for you for calling me on it here's a present.

Attachments

• fartpot.gif
    fartpot.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 183

haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back