Ideal tire size for BTF spacer+UCA and 2" body lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ideal tire size for BTF spacer+UCA and 2" body lift?

Grove_LA

Reaction score
City, State
San Pedro, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Like the title says, Wondering weather i should go with 265s or 285s with a BTF spacer and control arm combo with either a 2" or possibly 3" body lift. Not sure if the 265s would look undersized if i went ahead with the 3" body lift

on another note iv'e been trying to find some info about 2" body lifts with not alot of luck. figure I could go the route of the 1.5 idea but not sure if theres a 2" body lift kit that would work.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

265 will fit in the spare tire mount if that matters to you, not sure if 285 fits. Have you perused the 3rd gen pic thread? Lots of photos and info there.

I have 2"spacers and 1.5" body lift. In running 285/70/17 on stock limited rims with 35mm wheels spacers.
I've removed the side steps, front mudguards and plastic inner wheel wells and also trimmed a small portion of the front bumper.
It just rubs on full lock when going over a bump still, I have a 2" body lift ready to go in, I'm hoping this will be just enough to clear it, otherwise I'll have to trim some more ;)

I have 2"spacers and 1.5" body lift. In running 285/70/17 on stock limited rims with 35mm wheels spacers.
I've removed the side steps, front mudguards and plastic inner wheel wells and also trimmed a small portion of the front bumper.
It just rubs on full lock when going over a bump still, I have a 2" body lift ready to go in, I'm hoping this will be just enough to clear it, otherwise I'll have to trim some more ;)

Plan on putting 2" spacers in the front only with a 2" body lift and BTF upper control arms. Wondering if 265s would look too small with this setup.
How are you doing the 2" BL? You buy the blocks and hardware or get a kit somewhere morziac?

Plan on putting 2" spacers in the front only with a 2" body lift and BTF upper control arms. Wondering if 265s would look too small with this setup.
How are you doing the 2" BL? You buy the blocks and hardware or get a kit somewhere morziac?

I bought the stuff separately mate. I've got the blocks already, just need to get the bolts. Because I've already taken the standard bolts out to put in the 1.5" blocks, I'll just take them down to store and ask for ones 2" longer

I think 265's will look a little on the small side with that lift. If u don't want 285's u could always go for 275's
But nothing wider than a 265 will fit without rubbing on ur steering arm if ur running stock rims

285 on stock 16s

265's will be too small

So I'm planning on doing 3" BL with 3" spacer lift in the front only with btf ucas. Im wondering if 285/70r16s would be ok on the stock rims. Wheel spacers a must or different wheels? Guy I work with may have aftermarket wheels that he could hook me up with

My stock rims have a +44 offset and anything wider than a 265 rubs on the steering arm. If u have the same offset then u will need different rims or wheel spacers.
I'm not sure if different factory rims had different offsets. It should be written in the inside of the rim however

Back