• Register Today It's free!

Intake question

Hotsauce80

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT RS
Hey guys, had my intake manifold off to replace my fuel rail pressure sensor and replaced the gaskets. I noticed that my #6 intake port was really clean compared to the rest. Any info is appreciated. Im already assuming the bad.

Hey guys, had my intake manifold off to replace my fuel rail pressure sensor and replaced the gaskets. I noticed that my #6 intake port was really clean compared to the rest. Any info is appreciated. Im already assuming the bad.
Tap Tap... microphone check, 1212...

I'm not in anyway an engine expert. However when I replaced my headgaskets last month, 2 or 3 of my intake ports were clean and the others were gummed up with black crap. This is on a new 8 month old engine. Long story on why the headgaskets needed replacing again. Point is I know I have a good engine so I don't know if clean verses dirty intake ports mean anything.

I'm not in anyway an engine expert. However when I replaced my headgaskets last month, 2 or 3 of my intake ports were clean and the others were gummed up with black crap. This is on a new 8 month old engine. Long story on why the headgaskets needed replacing again. Point is I know I have a good engine so I don't know if clean verses dirty intake ports mean anything.
I appreciate the input. Guess its one of those "who knows" categories. I was just curious. Thanks man.

Back