Intermittent Shuddering on takeoff | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent Shuddering on takeoff

a_kraker99

Reaction score
City, State
Zeeland, MI
I am having an intermittent issue with my 2002 ST shuddering upon takeoff. It does not do it everytime. At first I thought it was only doing it while turning, but it happens when going straight sometimes too.
The whole truck just shakes a little bit for the first 1/2 second of takeoff.

I have the tow package with 4.10 Limited slip differential but that would only cause it to shudder a little when doing tight turns right?

Hopefully someone has some insight on the issue. Thanks.

It's probably in the LSD, try getting a bottle of additive for the rear diff from ford. I have been told when the additive breaks down or when the rear diff fluid is changed and the additive is no put in the clutches will cause a shudder.

It's probably in the LSD, try getting a bottle of additive for the rear diff from ford. I have been told when the additive breaks down or when the rear diff fluid is changed and the additive is no put in the clutches will cause a shudder.

It will slip even when going straight? Can I just add the modifier or should I do a fluid change? Any writeup on here for that?

How long has it been since last fluid change? If you don't know or it is more than 30k ago I would change it and put in additive. If the fluid has been changed more recently then you can add additive.

Back