Is anyone Moding a Police Interceptor Utility | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is anyone Moding a Police Interceptor Utility

gm991

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Acura TL
New to the boards.
Looking for a new toy and was thinking of moding out a Interceptor Utility, think 90's GMC Typhoon.

The Interceptor Utility has more HP and torque than the typhoon did, already has some performance upgrades cooling, brakes and suspension. Lower it, add some flow masters, add wheels and tires, and bam instant race truck...:):)
I have Googled it to death and cant find much.
I'm I missing something or could this be a fun mod?
If anyone else has done something like this would love to see pictures.
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford already does mod out a PI Utility it's called "Sport"

Everything mechanical is the same except for column mounted gear shift and aftermarket gear.

I'd be interested if someone had one tuned by Livernois and did some sort of exhaust on one. I love the sound of a buddy's Sport with the full Corsa exhaust, but I also love how quiet the PI really is inside

The Police Advisory Board discussed the PI Utility exhaust note with the engineers and it was decided that a "throatier" sounding exhaust would have too much drone over a 10-12 hr shift in the Utility so they left it alone.

The Police Advisory Board discussed the PI Utility exhaust note with the engineers and it was decided that a "throatier" sounding exhaust would have too much drone over a 10-12 hr shift in the Utility so they left it alone.

Well that and rolling up to a scene quietly goes out the window

Back