Is the limited painted grille an option? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is the limited painted grille an option?

nai53

Reaction score
City, State
Crown Point, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
I just placed an order for 2011 explorer XLT and I am curious if the front full chrome grille can be replaced during production with the limited painted version? I didn't see an option during ordering but I thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just placed an order for 2011 explorer XLT and I am curious if the front full chrome grille can be replaced during production with the limited painted version? I didn't see an option during ordering but I thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks.

Unfortunately no. Did ask the dealer when I was looking at XLT's. If it is not an option it will not build that way.

Jack

No it's not an option. You might be able to purchase one after. Not sure. Part of the limited package.

you could probably take it to a body shop and get it done a whole lot cheaper than trying to convince your Ford dealer to do it.

that's one of the reasons it's called a limited...certain items and options only on limited is what makes it limited.

If you want the similar grill, buy one with Ingot Silver. It's the exact same color as the grill and it's really shiny. =D

I'm with you Chimoman. If I really hate the xlt grille I'll order the limited and swap them out.

If you want the similar grill, buy one with Ingot Silver. It's the exact same color as the grill and it's really shiny. =D

Exactly! we also have the "poorman" version of a limited:
XLT ingot silver with silver grill:D

Money had nothing to do with the XLT choice. Actually, the money saved on the 202A allowed me to upgrade several features and my explorer still came out costing less. Talk the people who bought the over-priced Eddie Bauer models. Same truck, different paint for thousands more. The grille was the only different feature the limited has that I might want. I'm far too young for wood trim, and too old for DVD players.

I assume if you go to the Ford parts site you can buy a different grille along with everything else. I actually went by a Dealers Body shop and seen an XLT with same color grille. Body Shop is also next to custom car place. I asked a friend who worked in body shop said it had to be ordered like that which obviously wasnt the case. So idk how they did it.

Back