I've only had the truck for 3 weeks, and have problems. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I've only had the truck for 3 weeks, and have problems.

fordexplorer2010

Reaction score
City, State
uk
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 XLT
We picked up our car about 3 weeks ago and recently had some heavy rain in the last week (we're stationed in uk right now). Yesterday I got in and as I put my foot down to pull out I noticed water dripping out from around the map light....my first thought was wth because we have no sunroof and Im puzzled as to where the water is coming from.

It happened again today, and albeit its only about a few drips its enough that its got me worried.

Anyone have this happen or ideas ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes agree. I had to gun sealant around the top of the window rubber- it fixed mine, just use a plastic knife to lift the rubber as you gun behind it- try to make it one run, no breaks, or overlap and press down and tap with masking as it sets.

Same problem - reckon a lot is to do with the hot sunny weather we get here in the UK!! H has hit the nail on the head with the way to do it - did mine the same way last year.

I’ve got water leaking in around the nearside top of my windscreen. When I took a closer look at it the whole screen needs removing, cleaning and refitting :(

I’ve got water leaking in around the nearside top of my windscreen. When I took a closer look at it the whole screen needs removing, cleaning and refitting :(

Good luck with that!! As the screen is bonded it will take a very steady hand with a cheese wire tool to get it out without cracking it. I personally would not take that chance, i would try removing the rubber (should just pry out) and cleaning really thoroughly then work in some silicone and refit the rubber and as stated above hold the rubber down with masking tape until set.

My screen was replaced as it had a crack in it and the corners crumbled as the guy CAREFULLY cut it out with a wire. SO be warned

HTH
Jan

Good luck with that!! As the screen is bonded it will take a very steady hand with a cheese wire tool to get it out without cracking it. I personally would not take that chance,
Somebody’s already had a go with the sealer on my screen. When I was driving down a bumpy road a few days since, I thought there was something wrong with my eye sight but it was the screen shuddering over every bump

So its got to come out and be re-bonded

Back