jba header installation

nice92explorer

Reaction score
City, State
costa mesa, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer xlt
jba header installation/ needed ypipe and extensions

does any one have a y pipe and extensions for headers for a 92 ford explorer 4.0 v6 4x4 (without egr) Because i only have the headers and i need to the ypipe and extensions to install the headers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We did mine from underneath. Basically took the old ones off and put the new ones on. Didn't need to move or remove anything that was in the way. It was a PITA, but we definately did it.

your engine bay and my engine bay are practically the same right, if so then it must be a pita like yours was.?

Headers are a PITA in most vehicles. They're one of the largest components other than the motor and tranny, and they're usually wedged in there nicely. You also have to watch nearby components as heat can kill many things.

i wont have to worry about too much heat because i have some grey thermal coating im going to put on them.

I would not coat the headers yourself, especially since you should have got the ceramic coated ones.

the ones i bought were the ones without ceramic coating.

the other addons im doing are gmf sensor, electric fan, msd ignition.

i put borla long tubes on my 92 sport and i had to jack the motor alittle to get them in

i was looking at my jba headers and i realized that the jba headers wont hook up to my factory y pipe. I bought the headers used from a guy on ebay (only the headers, no y pipe or bolts. for 68 dollars with only 10 hours on them )Does anyone know if im right? if so does anyone know where i can the jba y pipe for my explorer. (92 explorer 4.0l v6 4x4)

With all do respect.... and Im sure people disagree with me... But my standpoint has always been never to buy performance parts off of ebay...

D'oh! I could've told you you needed the Ypipe and extension (2 pieces)!

May have to get them from JBA.

alec, do your headers have egr? i have the ceramic coated jba's, and im having difficult finding out if i have egr. ive looked around with my hanes manual, and i cant seem to find anything... [the folks at apten need to know]

Back