Leak on passenger side - Not Sunroof or AC issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Leak on passenger side - Not Sunroof or AC issue

danbosak

Reaction score
City, State
Collingswood, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I have a leak on the passenger side of my explorer that started about a month ago. The sunroof drain is clear and testing by pouring water in, it drains out no problem and it's only after rain and I'm not using AC so not an AC drain issue either.

It rained overnight and today, I saw evidence of the leak on the plastic along the door and below the glovebox leak photo. So, I think it may be coming from the door seal but I can't recreate the problem and there are no obvious issues with any of the door seals.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Dan. :wave:
Have you tried running water into the cowl to see if that is allowing water to run inside?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Dan. :wave:
Have you tried running water into the cowl to see if that is allowing water to run inside?

Peter
Peter -- yes, the cowl was clear and I tried running water through that as well and it drained out without a problem.

Have you checked the windshield seal?

Have you checked the windshield seal?
Thanks -- that is an option especially since windshield was replaced but that was 18 months ago. It's raining today and leaking so I can't test that specifically today but I will. Thanks for idea.

-Dan

Any luck finding the leak?

Back