little prob with my indiglo installation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

little prob with my indiglo installation

NarleyNed

Reaction score
City, State
asd
Year, Model & Trim Level
This saturday I attempted to install some reverse indiglo gauges. I pulled all the gauges out and replaced them, but the speedo wouldn't come out bc it had wires attached to it, so I just put it on without taking it out. I was going to take the whole thing out they are sitting in, but there was a wire at the bottom in a screw-like thing I couldn't get out. Bc I couldn't get the whole thing out, I couldn't connect the wires to the head light wire, so now my gauges won't light up when I turn headlights on. I have to connect them to an existing toggle switch power wire whenever I wanna drive at night. How can I get the thing out the gauges are sitting in to get to the head light wire? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here ya go, read this link, hope that helps.
Dead Link Removed

I'll go ahead and say, this is the probably the most difficult part of the install, that is, if you're talking about the gears in the bottom. You gotta have patience to work its way out, but that link BBQ showed has a picture of how to remove it. Good luck.

Back