Locking in $1,000 Bonus Cash? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Locking in $1,000 Bonus Cash?

sm4astan

Reaction score
City, State
Holland Patent, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
I posted this in the Incentives thread, but thought a specific thread might be better.

Can anyone confirm what the true Ford policy is on the $1,000 Promotional Bonus Cash (PGM #11866)?

First, I don't believe this offer is tied to financing through Ford.

Second, my dealer told me they could not guarantee the incentive, and that whatever was being offered when my X comes in is what I'd get. On this site, and on Facebook, I've seen people say they were told they get the best incentive when they take delivery - either what was in affect when X was ordered, or new incentive when X arrives. Which is true?

If my X arrives around the end of March, as I think it may (or hope) and the current $1,000 expires on 4/4, the answer to #2 is important. If it's the best offer that has been available, it is in my interest to wait and pick-up the car after 4/4 to make sure if there is a new offer it's not better. If you only get what's in affect, then I have a choice to make if the X arrives in time for me to get before 4/4 - and I would have to decide if it's worth the gamble to get a better offer, with the risk they take all offers away.

Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I posted this in the Incentives thread, but thought a specific thread might be better.

Can anyone confirm what the true Ford policy is on the $1,000 Promotional Bonus Cash (PGM #11866)?

First, I don't believe this offer is tied to financing through Ford.

Second, my dealer told me they could not guarantee the incentive, and that whatever was being offered when my X comes in is what I'd get. On this site, and on Facebook, I've seen people say they were told they get the best incentive when they take delivery - either what was in affect when X was ordered, or new incentive when X arrives. Which is true?

If my X arrives around the end of March, as I think it may (or hope) and the current $1,000 expires on 4/4, the answer to #2 is important. If it's the best offer that has been available, it is in my interest to wait and pick-up the car after 4/4 to make sure if there is a new offer it's not better. If you only get what's in affect, then I have a choice to make if the X arrives in time for me to get before 4/4 - and I would have to decide if it's worth the gamble to get a better offer, with the risk they take all offers away.

Thoughts?
When I ordered mine (Dec. 20) I was told I would get the incentive that was in place at that time plus any incentive that I would qualify for at the time of delivery. I received the $1000 'Early Order' incentive and the current $1000 off promotion which ends March 31st here in Canada.
You have to read the fine print on each promotion. I believe there is a PGM #11864 offered in NY but the way I read that is you have to take delivery by April 4th from dealer stock in order to get the $1000. I take that to mean buying off the lot. Best to speak to your dealer.

I asked about the from dealer stock requirement and was told that orders meet this requirement. In another thread I read the car needs to be checked in at the dealer before it can officially be sold, so at that time it is dealer stock.

Nothing else I can see in the fine print on offer 11866, but maybe dealer has more fine print.

I asked about the from dealer stock requirement and was told that orders meet this requirement. In another thread I read the car needs to be checked in at the dealer before it can officially be sold, so at that time it is dealer stock.

Nothing else I can see in the fine print on offer 11866, but maybe dealer has more fine print.
I see your point about orders becoming dealer stock before they can be sold. That then begs the question, when is it NOT dealer stock? I don't think you can order direct from the factory. Would they not ALL be considered dealer stock? If so, then why have that provision in the promotion?:scratch:

had mine ordered on 3/8/11; got the necessary paperworks done on 3/14/11. my dealer deducted the $1,000 (not sure if this is the same $1,000, some people told me no, but this is the $1,000 financing incentive, I can use this $1,000 but with high interest financing rate quoted 6.9% for 60 months at that time vs not using this $1,000 but 4.9% loan for 60 months) + $750 (which I didn't even physically have, i requested online and had not received it yet, but he looked it up from his system, showing my $750 expiring 4/4/11).

All these numbers were written down, with my trade-in, on the purchase agreement, signed, got a carbon copy, I guess it's legally enforcement contract? I hope!

Nothing about finance related to mine. Dealer noted the $1,000 incentive on sales slip but noted it expired 4/4.

This morning, I actually no longer see this incentive for my area code on the Ford site. It was there yesterday, but not today. Either there is a website problem causing it to not show, or they pulled it from being advertised. I'll check later to see which one it is.

Since I'm not a gambling man, I'll be pushing to get this deal closed before 4/4 I think. As they say, a bird in the hand...

I ordered mine the end of January and told the dealer I was in no rush. The first estimate on time to deliver was 6 to 8 weeks, which would have put it at the end of March - before the 4/4 deadlines.

As I have been receiving discount and rebate offers I have forwarded them on to my dealer. He's a friend and has been very straight up - plus I have an X-Plan deal. He told me that even though the dates on some of them have been 4/4, he expected some of the programs to be continued with a new date, and either way he didn't expect a problem applying them.

At this point, I have:

Loyalty program for having an Explorer - $1,500 - Program # 32358
Private Cash electronic brochure "coupon - $750 - got a coupon code

Going to send him over the local "auto show" coupon and see if that will work as well. That one is $500

Every little bit helps.

It would be nice to have a Ford rep definitively answer this question of:

"When exactly does Ford lock in incentives for factory order customers?"

It's a question that comes up on almost every order, but I have yet to see a consistent reply.

Certainly the dealers can do all sorts of contractual workarounds to square things up with their customers in the case of expirations. But the dealer can't overide Ford Motor Company's rules on this confusing issue.

So wouldn't it be simple to just know what the official rules are on this kind of stuff?

:dunno:

i forgot you are loaded with $$$$$ lol

I think you took what I said the wrong way. I will be financing this purchase, sorry not that loaded, it's just with the $1,000 incentive discussed with the dealer, there was no mention of needing to finance through Ford to get it.

I'll be getting the best rate I can from local CU (and will show a few bigger banks) but then will see if the Finance guy at the dealership wants to earn some money by finding me a better deal.

No idea why Ford has those terrible rates. I don't consider those specials.

Back