Lower ball Joints and front brakes. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lower ball Joints and front brakes.

Jerrym

Reaction score
City, State
Woodbine, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddy Baur
I just finished replacing the lower ball joints, brake rotors and brake pads on my 2000 Eddie Bauer. I have got a complete write up and pics of doing it. It is sort of a copy of what NCC has done on this site. I removed the hubs, which he did not. I was nervous about breaking the CV joints apart in order to give room to remove the ball joints. If anyone wants it posted I would be glad to do it. If no one is interested I am got going to post it as I say it is like NCC except I remove the hubs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be interested in seeing the process.

Time in changing ball joints & brakes.

im interested too how long did it take you?

It took me a good 6 hours but I took several pictures and extra time just cleaning everything better than most people would. And this was my first time. I could do one in four hours now if everthing went as good as might did. It is a pretty clean Explorer not rusted bad. I tried to make the write up as detail as possible. If you have the tools and follow the instructions you will have no problems.

Back