• Register Today It's free!

Lowering Kits...

Timmy

Reaction score
City, State
Downriver, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS
I was getting ready to purchase a 1.6 lowering kit from TruckPerformance.com. Is that all I will need to do it (besides the first class alignment when finished). Does it include everything I will need or no?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure what that "kit" includes. I used the one from Explorer Express because it did indeed contain everything that i needed.

Good luck.....

Attachments

• loweringkit.jpg
    loweringkit.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 188

This is the link to the installation of my lowering kit....

Dead Link Removed

Al, he has an '02. The kits for the new models are a little different to my knowledge. I think the Ground Force kits sold at Truck Performance come with lowered springs, etc.

Originally posted by Hartman
Al, he has an '02. The kits for the new models are a little different to my knowledge.

Al has a '99 not an '02.

i went to truckperformance, and even for the 2001 explorer, they have the same kit listed.. i think itz a mistake for the 95-01 models. because they dont have it listed for previous years like 99 or 00. only for the 01 and 02. so i think it is only for the 02.

How low are you going? Any idea what i could use to lower my 2000 sport? i want to go pretty low and i have no idea where to start.

G.

Originally posted by aldive

Al has a '99 not an '02.

No I was talking to you, saying that Timmy has an '02, which is different from your '99.

Back