Magnaflow exhaust?

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
I JUST got off the phone with a muffler shop here, he said to custom build and install with a dual-in single-out 2.5" magnaflow it would be $210... installed in an hour... is this a good deal? Also, I have up to about $450 mabey more to spend, so if anyone reccomends a reason to get something else, I'm VERY open to suggestions. Also, is it worth it to get stainless steel when offroading, other than looks... I would think it's slightly stronger... but hey, whatever. Also, that guy can NOT make mandrel bent piping, but he says with the amount of curves i'll be having anyways, its irrelevant... is this true or should I shop elsewhere where I can get mandrel bending?
Thanks for the advice... hopefully getting this done soon.
-----Nate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes that's a great deal, you will like it.

It's not worth getting stainless for offroading because it gets bent and crushed just like regular steel :D

So the mandrel bending is a non-issue and the price is good? I always longed for Gibson, but idk, people seem to say that the performance on magnaflows is better.
-----Nate

Very good deal, and the tubing is not an issue. Go ahead and save money by not getting the stainless. The aluminized carries the same warranty and you don't have salted roads. However, if you do go to the beach a lot and drive on the beach, get the stainless (salt = rust).

I got my magnaflow with 2.25" mandrel pipe for $150 installed. Keep in mind, everything is more expensive in Tampa than here, though.

I got quoted 165 for 2.5 piping and a dual in single out magnaflow, Getting it next week. One thing I did was go to their website and look up preferred dealers in your area, maybe that will help. Good luck

Back