Make your Sony system sound better with Forscan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Make your Sony system sound better with Forscan

mmorey79

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Wayne, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Module - DSP
783-02-01 xX to x0 (X is usually a 2 or 3 on explorers) This is the EQ setting of the DSP as far as I can tell, it appears to be similar to doing the same mod to the ACM, with Sony audio your ACM is probably already set to 0 and the protection/eq/filtering is done at the DSP, changing this value to 0 appears to remove most of the artificial limits/processing and make the vehicle much louder. In fairness I did this in a 2015 with a Sync 3 upgrade, but I'd imagine it would work on any year 5g explorer with the original 390 watt sony system (or probably even our platform siblings MKS/MKT/Flex/Taurus). Changing the number to other options gives radically different sound to the stereo system. I found a couple that were decent but none that were at least as LOUD and unadulterated as plain old 0. Keep in mind while the system reboots the APIM, the DSP doesn't reboot without a key off, door open, restart, or at least doesn't seem to. You can always try values from 0-F if you don't like this one, 6 wasn't bad but 0 is still the best IMHO.

Module - DSP
783-02-01 xX to x0 (X is usually a 2 or 3 on explorers) This is the EQ setting of the DSP as far as I can tell, it appears to be similar to doing the same mod to the ACM, with Sony audio your ACM is probably already set to 0 and the protection/eq/filtering is done at the DSP, changing this value to 0 appears to remove most of the artificial limits/processing and make the vehicle much louder. In fairness I did this in a 2015 with a Sync 3 upgrade, but I'd imagine it would work on any year 5g explorer with the original 390 watt sony system (or probably even our platform siblings MKS/MKT/Flex/Taurus). Changing the number to other options gives radically different sound to the stereo system. I found a couple that were decent but none that were at least as LOUD and unadulterated as plain old 0. Keep in mind while the system reboots the APIM, the DSP doesn't reboot without a key off, door open, restart, or at least doesn't seem to. You can always try values from 0-F if you don't like this one, 6 wasn't bad but 0 is still the best IMHO.
Anyone else tried this? I recently acquired a FORSCAN.

Back