• Register Today It's free!

Mr

SportracAhl

Reaction score
City, State
Manila
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford Sport Trac
Hi I do have a 2002 ford sport trac 4 wheel drive 4.0 v6 which accidentally fueled with diesel, is it necessarily to replace the injector in the end even the engine already started?

The mechanic already replaced the following:

* Fuel Pump
* Fuel Filter
* Fuel Cap
* Spark Plug

But I told them to replace as well the injectors since this is the last stage to draw fuel into the chamber...

I would have just drained the tank and replaced the fuel filter. The remaining diesel should burn out very quickly and not hurt anything. Gasoline and diesel are delivered via pipeline in the same pipe separated by air. When the tanks at the tank farm are filled a little cross contamination of the 2 products is unavoidable. You're wasting your money to have changed all that stuff. It's not that big of a deal. Once the engine is running any remaining diesel will be gone in seconds. Your mechanic must see you as a big $ sign.

You should be ok. Now if you filled a modern diesel pickup with gasoline, that would be a different story, but you shouldn't need to replace the injectors in the sport trac.

Hi Thank you all for the feed back. It seems I need to pull out my car now in the mechanic but i need to do computer check first from Ford company to see weather the injector timings are all OK... Tech 1 and tech 2

Back