• Register Today It's free!

Multiple Codes

BeegKahoona

Reaction score
City, State
Waianae, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
Multiple Fords
Just finished with changing the fuel pump and filter, and just checked the codes. it read:
172 HEGO(H02S)sensor fault/lean,
176 Insufficient TP change during no oxygen sensor switch detected,
327 EGR Valve position circuit below minimum voltage,
542 Fuel pump secondary circuit fault,
556 Fuel pump relay primary circuit fault.

This was done in KOEO mode (Key Off Engine Off) using the Ford Code Reader.
on my 95' Ford Explorer XLT 4.0

Anyone got solutions to getting this ride back to normal?
i appreciate any advice given..

Mahalo from Da Beeg Guy..

Fuel pump first

I would concentrate on fixing the fuel pump problem first. The lean condition codes could be due to the fuel pump failures.

I don't have a 95 wiring diagram so I can't give you specifics. Test or swap the fuel pump relay with one that is the same to see if that helps. Replace the fuel pump related fuses with new ones.

Following this culprit.

i might have found the fault for this, then again you guys might also chime in if there are solutions to correct this,...

before this situation (or should i say during) my ignition oddly broked off when i turned my key.. so i had the whole assembly removed and has been using a big screw driver to start the ex.

could that also be the problem when i start it that way and dont know if the fuel pump could be getting overworked?

i also found another problem,.... if the ignition is the way that it is now.. is that normal that when i took off the negative cable (or positive) and reapplied it to the battery.. i would hear the fuel pump start up on its cycle(you know that whirring sound on a normal start) is that weird?

i think it might be cause of the ignition might still be on?,... but when i turn it to the off mode(using my screw driver) , i would see the lights on the dash turn off.. once i turn counter-clockwise but not over turn which goes into accy. mode.. is there something else in that ignition that may still be causing that wiring to still be active?.. hmmm?....

i'll upload some pics later on to show you guys what that looks like. in the meantime... i'll be hunting on the ignition wiring for this and possibly be using a toggle switch setup to get it going..:frustrate

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Back