my 1986 ford bronco 2 project | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 1986 ford bronco 2 project

baldwinboy_2008

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 ford bronco 2
Hey guys im new to this but here it goes!! I bought this 1986 bronco 2 eddie bauer eddition a few weeks ago. i paid $500 for it. it had a pretty bad engine oil leak and the tires were pretty bald. it has a 2.9 v6 and a 5-speed tranny. it runs and drives great. the interior was in great shape and the body is alittle rough. this pic was the day i bought it. i have done alittle to it since then gonna post the work soon. but this thing is gonna be getting alot of TLC!! lol anyone got any ideas for it?

Attachments

• 1124111445.jpg
    1124111445.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 5,423

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where are you going with it? hardcore offroad, trail rig, daily driver? I dd my bII for 2 years before I decided to start cutting it apart and make it a rock crawler.

the oil leak is probably your valve cover gaskets, felpro makes a good gasket for these that should stop that, I would start with a tune up, plugs, wires, cap & rotor, oil change, change out those headgaskets, air filter, I like to modify ford airboxes so they are open on the bottom so they are less restrictive. get rid of those running boards, imo they are pretty lame, but the rest really depends on where you want to go with it and what your budget is. They are a fun little rig for what they are and they will wheel like the dickens with minimal modification, id focus on making it reliable for the time being.

Welcome.
Been to Grand Junction and even did some wheeling around that area up in the flat top mountains in a 73 Toy Land Cr back in the early 70s.
I agree what Anderson said.
But as far as plans go, once I saw the abbreviations TLC I knew I was doomed as far as my opinion goes. The part of the country you live in is awesome and beckons for that B2 to have mods done like...sorry just have to stop, I can't take no more.

But as far as plans go, once I saw the abbreviations TLC I knew I was doomed as far as my opinion goes.

this is a true stmnt, bronco IIs are like strippers, they are a good time but they deserved to be slapped around, not pampered haha. Im not nice to my BII in any kind of way. Rick on the other hand took his stripp I mean bII home and pampers her all day, I thought sampson was a weird stripper name...

Now that's good right there ha ha. I'm just glad I did not have this truck back in those days, I'd be dead by now and nothing left of the truck.
Age plus 2 spinal ops one very close to brain, 2 knee ops one reconstructive and bailing wire holding my chest together might just have something to do with it. But just wait until I get a truck to tow this thing, all hell, I mean all kind of things could break loose. I promise you'll see some cool vids and picks. Just can't do it being this is my DD since the Ex is gone gone. Does piss me off though about having to take the path of least resistance.
But the purr of the V8 does put me to sleep.
Should be ordering the ARB soon in a few weeks.
2013 will be the year of doing some serious wheeling, even to the point of trailering it out West.
Reason: Big Structured settlement payout. Thought it was this year but it's not until a year after my daughter turns 18. That's the reason of the ARB and Dana 70, so I can wheel the crap out of it along with other numerous mods. Oh well, still getting the ARB in a few weeks. Just gives me more time to get it ready.
Might even come up your place and let Samson hump your b2. He'll be easy on her.

"got any ideas for it"???

You just threw the prime ribs out to the wolves with that question my friend!!! Have a great time building your B2.

Back