My 2015 FPIU & Remote stopped working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2015 FPIU & Remote stopped working

decisive vats

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford PIU
I have a 2015 FPIU that I bought in September 2023 from Reno PD. And I am absolutely loving that thing. Since I got it, I got all fluids changed, changed the sparks, replaced my tires, and got an amazing stiffer Steeda suspension and shocks. Installed a new K&N cold air Intake which sounds nasty(hear it). Rewired my spotlights. I wrapped my car Satin black myself.

20231126_164645 (1).jpg

I have also wired and enabled aux in the stereo. I sourced 2nd-row seats and also a Cheif's Interceptor's (undercover-ish unit) center console from my local PD, those consoles look like normal explorers but are made for PIU. I have also changed my AC blower motor and the damper motor. Now the problem. A few days ago when I removed the original havis console, I was testing out all of the wiring down there. I was trying to see if I could get my wig-wags to work and also searching for power lines for future projects. There I found the the secure idle module, which was new to me, so I got the wiring diagram for it and found the trigger wires for it. And it worked as expected but while I was exploring all the stuff I could do with it, I realized that the remotes that I had programmed had stopped working, there was no lock, no unlock, or remote start. Everything stopped working. I thought I would look into it later after I was done messing and identifying all the wiring, so I placed the trigger wires on the side and started looking at other wiring. I just want to say, that I usually know what I am doing and I have a basic understanding of how stuff works, so I was working with the battery connected so that I could check everything in real-time. So while pulling some other wire the trigger wires grounded through my seat tracks. To my knowledge, I blew 2 fuses and my ignition switch stopped working duh! Fuse 40 in the engine compartment which is a 40A center console Feed and Fuse 28 inside the cabinet which is a 15A ignition switch fuse. So I replaced all the fuses and installed the console and now everything Is working, except for my remotes. When I checked forscan for codes, It could not read the RTM( Radio Transceiver Module). There are no codes other than "Code: U0241 - Lost Communication With Headlamp Control Module A" which causes no problems as of now.

image (1).png
image (2).png

Anyone has any Idea on what could be wrong or what should I check next? I loved my remote start.

Back