my check engine light on, please help.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my check engine light on, please help....

lincoln29032

Reaction score
City, State
camden southcarolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford explorer 4.0 ohv
:D it says i need a air "charge" temapture sensor, but i can not seem to locate it anywhere. i looked in front of the radiator and found the airbag sensors. i looked around the intake manifold, on the intake hose and in the air box, please help me... I have the 99 ford explorer v6 ohv. i like to pull my boat but sometimes it is hard to start, and i think it is because of that light on. i am in an automotive class and we looked for it and couldn't find it and my tech teacher said it might not have one, but why would a light say i need to check it if it is not there... please help... thanks. oh yea i am new to this site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Clean the MAF with either electrical contact cleaner or MAF spray. CRC makes both of them. Take care cleaning it. They are very fragile. Check # 42 in my list of useful threads for more information.

That code indicates - Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input.

The intake air temperature sensor on a '99 is built into the MAF. Does your MAF have 6 wires going to it?
i think so

Back