• Register Today It's free!

My first post please help

baker01s

Reaction score
City, State
TRINIDAD, COLORADO
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT V8 AWD, 89 JEEP CH
HI i'm new so far and i wanted to start off by saying next to pictures of HOTT WOMEN in/on SWEET 4X4's is OFFROADING IN SWEET 4X4'S WITH HOTT WOMEN. anyways
I have a 96 ford explorer alt v8 awd that i use for the family everyday driver. i'm working on lifting it some to run 31/33's for mild off roading/everyday. Then I have a 89 JEEP CHEROKEE limited 4.0 inline six. that i use for little everyday driver and full offroading. what can i say, i wouldn't trade my jeep for the world and the only thing i'll trade my explorer for is another NEWER ford explorer 4x4 with a V8. Other than what the damage of the inside of what the wife and kids made/done the explorer is WAY to nice to want to damage it anymore offroading. The jeep well that's the whole reason why i bought it, fix it up for rough offroading.
I'M going to rip out the cv crap front end on the explorer and put a dana 30/35 solid axle from another jeep and the same with the rear. to match.

The aka( THE GREEN MACHINE) EXPLORER has a AWD transfercase, IS there a way to fix it from a AWD crap to a 2x4/4x4 with a switch? OR do i have to get another transfercase and replace it, and if i have to replace it what would be the right info to get one from?

PLUS i'm also wanting to swap the 5.0 from THE GREEN MACHINE with the 4.0 in my ELINOR (JEEP). I don't need a gas hog for the family driver, and everyone knows that you can never have enough power in a 4x4 offroader. so even though the 4.0 from jeeps are almost unstopable BUT not strong enough to hardley do anything in.
ANY HELP/IDEAS OF WHAT I SHOULD/CAN DO with these options?

PLEASE HELP
THANK YOU,
STEVE B.
baker01s@hotmail.com

Back