NE1 driving from the NY area to Moab this year? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NE1 driving from the NY area to Moab this year?

WillieChu

Reaction score
City, State
Bayside, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport
Hey guys, I missed Moab last year. I'm determined to make Moab this year! Is there anyone driving from the New York area (or even the east coast) to Maob? I really do NOT feel like making the LONG journey alone. So I've come up with 2 options. I can go wheelin with the Explorer group (May31 to June 2nd) or I can go with the Isuzus group (May 15th to May 19th). If I go with the Isuzus group, I'll have a bunch of friends to make the LONG journey with.

So once again "HELP, IS THERE ANYONE GOING FROM THE EAST COAST?" If 'YES' let me know and I can meet up with you.

-Willie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HOLY CRAP THATS A DRIVE!! LOL and I thought when I drove to California and Michigan for wheeling that took forever but geez, that's 3/4 of the country!

Yup, it's about a 30 hour drive if I go it STRAIGHT thru. Hey, I'll be stopping in Littleton to meet a few friends on the way out there.

Willie, I hope you can find someone to make the drive with you. I can certianly understand not wanting to drive that far by yourself, but if you do, I would think that for sure you would get the prize for the longest drive. Hope you can make the run with us Explorers.

HHmm That could be fun...

I know that Yobyekom was talking about it the last time we were at paragon.

Willie I'm not going to be able to make it to the Pine barrons but I will see what I can do about Moab.

I know this doesn't help but if i didn't have school or parents to say no I'd go... I love long drives, I always take the long way home because I love to drive..heh.. where is moab?

Is gerald still going? If so I'd guess both he and you would look at taking I70 across the states? Just a thought.

Have fun whoever you go with. It's a blast and I'm sorry I can't go this year. :(

I've been seriously considering it, but looks like the extra cash isn't going to build up in time. :( Guess I'll try again next year.

Back