need alittle help with off road lights. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need alittle help with off road lights.

hillbillydeluxe1

Reaction score
City, State
Westmont IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer xlt 4X4
ok so i have 4 off road lights running. 2 of them are KC daylighters and the other 2 are autozone pilot lights. im ahving a little issuse with them as of right now the 2 KC lights are on there own switch and so are the other 2 lights. when i turn the lights on only 2 on the left side work thats 1 Pilot light and 1 KC. when i turn just them pilot light on all four come on but from the one thats the brightess there all dim. and then i turn on the KC lights and that one is bright and the rest are dim including the other KC light. so does anyone have any bright ideas or think they can help me. please help i just bought this truck and dont want any problems with it shes my baby. help please!!!!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have no clue i bought the truck with the lights already on it and they worked fine for like 4 weeks and 2 on the passager side are burnt out or something.

Time to do some investigating on your own.

Look in the lighting section here for wiring diagrams for running lights, switches, and relays. All the info is there at your disposal. Search Relays-wiring lights once your in that section.

thanks man ill look into it. hopefully it will help out with the problem.

Back