Need amp wiring help for a '97 EB with the JBL system. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need amp wiring help for a '97 EB with the JBL system.

97_EddieBauer

Reaction score
City, State
Buckingham, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer
Well the factory JBL subwoofer is trashed. I explored just changing the sub, but didn't have much succes due to the limited size options ect.

I spent a couple weeks looking at just replacing it with another stealth box, but have decided to scrap that and go with a JL audio power wedge box powered by an ED Nine.2x amp.

What I need to know is what wires to tap to hook up the line out converter to for RCA's into the amp.

Just a little info, I have two factory amps right now, the factory 4 channel and the factory sub amp. Going into the sub amp is three wires, power and two others. I'm guessing I should tap a pair of wires going into the factory amp first to get a pair of sources to feed the ED amp.

Thanks for the help guys. Anyone else who has done this (added an external sub amp to the JBL second gen setup), please post pics if you could.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone....

Beuler.. Beuler...

I'd love to have the same information also.

Is your sub doing anything? Mine is not putting out any sound and I'm not sure if a connector has come apart somewhere, the amp is shot or the sub is blown. Anyone have any tips on troubleshooting what needs replaced?

Thanks!

My sub rattled really badly. I replaced the speaker and found it to get worse when I put in a ED EU-700. Come to find out, the box itself is seperating and it's seams.

Rather than fight it, I'm putting in a JL powerwedge box.

TTT, seriously, I'm sure someone with the JBL system decided to add an external amp and sub....

Beuler, Beuler..???

I have the jbl system and am looking to replace my busted woofer. Anyone know any subs that will fit it?

I put the JL audio 6W0-4 in mine. Sounds pretty good. I had considered the ED EU-700.

Does anyone know how many watts i could get of a subwoofer that wuld work with the stock JBL amp?

I think the stock amp is rated around 70 watts.

The JBL/MACH system has a peak power of 290w. You have 4X15 (4X30W peak) from the RCU, and 1X85 (1X170W peak) from the subwoofer amp.

Back