Need help to diagnose popping/clicking coming from underneath 2003 Explorer [VIDEO] | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help to diagnose popping/clicking coming from underneath 2003 Explorer [VIDEO]

Mopar_4life - Did this fix our problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just bought a 04 Explorer and mine is making exact same noise at the exact same time as this person described. Guess I need to try this since it's only solution idea I've seen

Try it and let me know. It wasn't an easy solution to find.

Try it and let me know. It wasn't an easy solution to find.
Cashcrazy you are the man!!! I can not believe that it worked and all it cost me was a set of Jack stands. You just saved me Lord knows how much money. If you ever come through Knoxville Tennessee hit me up I owe you a few drinks.

It took me six months and several hundred dollars of replacing parts that weren't the issue. Just want to share the info! I'll take you up on those drinks!!

It took me six months and several hundred dollars of replacing parts that weren't the issue. Just want to share the info! I'll take you up on those drinks!!
Cashcrazy just wondering how did you eventually figure out that solution? I mean how did you know to just loosen and retighten some bolts?

It wasn't luck. I replaced A LOT of parts that didn't need it, spent hours upon hours crawling under it, and it went to two different mechanics. I think I would have found it sooner if I didn't take the mechanics advice replacing front end parts, but I needed to get it fixed. No bolt was left unturned.

Cashcrazy just wondering how did you eventually figure out that solution? I mean how did you know to just loosen and retighten some bolts?

Well sure am glad I signed up for this forum and found your thread before I went to a mechanic or started throwing parts and money at it

Back