Need options on a hard hitting 15 inch Subwoofer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need options on a hard hitting 15 inch Subwoofer

Mista808

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
I'm looking for a very hard hitting 15 (sub)

I'm not wanting to get 2 12s anymore like the original plan. Now I want to get just one really good 15 and run it on a MONO block amp. I'll get a good amp for sure but right now I'm looking at 15s.

So far I'm liking the KICKER 15
• 15" Solo-Baric L7 subwoofer

Here's the website for it. What do you think?
http://acaraudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_57&products_id=185

I'm thinking about getting that but I want to know your opinions of other really good subs that are out there that are 15s and around the same price as that Kicker.

Thanks for all opinions in advance.
Sub away! :D

And just so you know - I want a sub that'll make my passengers :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not to sound like a jerk....but you posted this in the wrong section. Plus the link did not work.

Yeah I noticed that - posted it over in Audio as well. :thumbsup:

u dont need a 15 for it 2 be loud my 10's push an insane amount of air (SPL) at only 440 watts, it is all in the box. As for the Kicker Solo L7 it is a great sub, however it is extremely picky on airspace. For a ported box it requires a massive amount of space and gets EXTREMELY loud. In a sealed box they need a tiny enclosure to have the proper sound quality, however a tiny box is horrible for SPL but L7's in small boxes tend to have a awesome punch. They r a great sub but i am personally a JL audio Man & would advise to run JL's line. but stick with Kicker, JL, Eclipse, and Alpine and u cant go wrong.

Im also a JL guy i have 2 13W1's and they hit very hard, you could check out a JL W7 if you want awesome bass, though its not 15" it will beat any single 15" out there

well god lets see here

RE Audio MT
RE Audio x..
RE Audio SX
Adire Audio Brahma
Digital Designs 9515
Digital Designs 9915
Digital Designs 3515
Incriminator Audio Death Penalty

There are quite a few. Just make sure you get a box that is properly set up for the amount of space you have and the correct air space needed for the subwoofer.

IndyExploder said:
well god lets see here

RE Audio MT
RE Audio x..
RE Audio SX
Adire Audio Brahma
Digital Designs 9515
Digital Designs 9915
Digital Designs 3515

There are quite a few. Just make sure you get a box that is properly set up for the amount of space you have and the correct air space needed for the subwoofer.

I have a 18 inch sx and it hits hard really hard. But its also in a big ported box.

A fifteen might not hit as hard as some of your tens and twelves but it will hit lower. But I prefer twelves as you get alittle of each. But if its a fifteen you want the kicker is a good bet.

i have 2 solobaric l7 15's in my explorer....the box is ported, each speaker has a little over 6 cubic feet of airspace. they stomp, hard. i currently only have one kx1200.1 amp running the both of them, and the last time i got spl tested..last month..i hit a 167.7 in front of the left port with the windows up. (outlaw) i would have hit a 170 if i would have cracked my front windows a little bit. (the box is sealed in the middle with ports on the left and right sides of the box.).....the guy at the audio shop made me hold the mic. because he wouldnt get back there :confused: too loud :rolleyes:

i would suggest the solobaric

and if you got a setup consisting of.....1 solo baric l7 15, ported box tuned to kicker specs, and a kicker kx1200.1 amp.. it will hit the hardest it can.. that amp and speaker are the perfect combonation, and the way i see it; when you spend the money and buy the best the fisrt time, you only cry once..no selling your system for another system and all that crap. this is my first setup.. obiously im a kicker guy.. i got all kicker componants and highs.. idk how hard you want it to hit, but i know this will rattle your roof perty good and flex that back window

IndyExploder said:
well god lets see here

RE Audio MT
RE Audio x..
RE Audio SX
Adire Audio Brahma
Digital Designs 9515
Digital Designs 9915
Digital Designs 3515

would you guys have any boxes or pictures of boxes you can recommend that would work best with the L7 Kicker?

matt987 said:
i have 2 solobaric l7 15's in my explorer....the box is ported, each speaker has a little over 6 cubic feet of airspace. they stomp, hard. i currently only have one kx1200.1 amp running the both of them, and the last time i got spl tested..last month..i hit a 167.7 in front of the left port with the windows up. (outlaw) i would have hit a 170 if i would have cracked my front windows a little bit. (the box is sealed in the middle with ports on the left and right sides of the box.).....the guy at the audio shop made me hold the mic. because he wouldnt get back there :confused: too loud :rolleyes:

i would suggest the solobaric

gotta love quotes like this :eek:
got a pic of your box and subs?
I would get two, but damnit I don't
want to wait that long and with my bills
that would take forever to get the two subs
and the real expensive amp to power those
two.

I decided I'll go with the one 15 and if I
want more later I'll def. upgrade to the two
setup like what you have.

GIVE PICS! :eek:

When looking at the L7 Kicker I see there's two of the EXACT same Subs but one says: • Dual 2-ohm Voice Coils while the other says • Dual 4-ohm Voice Coils. I never knew which was better and what exactly 2 from 4 means? The 2 ohm costs slightly more. Let me know please :eek:)

Back