Need rubber grommet for upper radiator air deflector shield | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need rubber grommet for upper radiator air deflector shield

SyberTiger

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited 4x4 4.6L
Specifically, the U-shaped rubber grommet for the plastic shield that sits above the radiator. That's the one for the mounting post on the passenger side (left side of picture) ....versus the O-shaped one for the mounting post on the driver's side. I've lost it before only to find it some time later having fallen down around the radiator hose. I don't feel so lucky this time.

Ford_2%2fFord%2fcgm%2f0005%2fa000539205%2fa000539205_8C291.png

1L2Z-8C291-AA - Genuine Ford Base No. #8C291 Shield

No, I'm talking about the rubber grommets used to hold the plastic shield (pictured above) in place.

I believe you are referencing the ones that go under the radiator. The ones I'm talking about have nothing to do with mounting of the radiator...just the plastic above it...first thing you see when you open the hood.

Ahh ok yeah I was referencing those. I would call your local ford dealer. Idk how they are down by you but around here they are nice enough to give out the part numbers so you can get it at other dealers or online if its cheaper. Best of luck to you!

Back