New 2013 LTD... can't connect to WI-FI | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 2013 LTD... can't connect to WI-FI

futique

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
Hi all... title says it all.

When it comes time to enter my password to connect to my WI-FI, all of the keys are greyed out: http://cl.ly/image/3m0536452A06

It's worth mentioning that it holds true across all of the letter options... this non-standard page just happens to be the one I took a picture of....

Occasionally, the letter "V" will appear in white and can be selected, but all of the other letters remain greyed out.

It acts the same regardless of the WI-FI network I try to connect to.

Love the truck... really hate MFT/Sync. (It's randomly stopped syncing to my phone over Bluetooth today as well.)

Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Quite a few views and no responses... so let me ask this: does anyone have their MFT connected to their WI-FI?

I don't because of the same issue. Honestly though, I'm not sure what I'd need to do it for though. As soon as I pulled out of my driveway, I'd have no more link and there's nothing that the car could do with it other that let other devices connect to it, but if the car is in range, so are the other devices.

Well, that's not encouraging.

Kind of sad that I was researching California lemon laws last night... The car doesn't even have 1000 miles on it.

It is kind of a purposeless feature though... I wouldn't get worked up over it.

Well, that's not encouraging.

Kind of sad that I was researching California lemon laws last night... The car doesn't even have 1000 miles on it.

You want to have Ford buy it back for this issue under the Lemon Law? Good luck with that.

You want to have Ford buy it back for this issue under the Lemon Law? Good luck with that.

I'm already experiencing issues with Bluetooth... phone syncing... audio dropouts... and SD Card "Errors".... as well as this one.

You might be the kind of person that's OK with those issues.

I'm not.

What is the point of connecting your car to WiFi? Heck, I didn't even know it could do that. haha.

I've connected to Wi-Fi...amazingly

I've been able to connect to the wi-fi. I really just wanted to check it out to see if it worked, which oddly enough it did considering nothing else seems to work properly. I didn't try to connect through my phone, just through my internet at home. I'll see if I can connect through my phone tonight and let you know if I have similar issues.

I have been able to connect to my home wifi without issue. I also was able to setup the personal "network" inside the vehicle that uses my cell phone....the kids have enjoyed that with their ipod touches.

The WiFi feature was explained by the Ford IVT reps on here previously. The feature was designed to integrate with upcoming features that haven't been implemented yet. There was also going to be updating done over air "WiFi" but thats still not ready.

MFT stability has delayed lots of stuff.

Most people have "HotSpot" functionality on their smartphone so the MFT In vehicle HotSpot feature is redundant.

Back