New guy again. 2003 4dr Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New guy again. 2003 4dr Eddie Bauer

TMScouts

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Explorer 4X4 E. Bauer
New guy again.

Hello; My name is Tom, I usually go by "TMScouts" online. I was here a while ago before my son totaled the
Explorer on / into a power pole and giant Fir tree.
I just got a 2003 Eddie Bauer which has a lot of great bells. While it lives in Washington state and has most of its life, it was born in Canada. Does this bring any problems to mind ?
Also, The back up sensor isn't working - the "OFF" light in the switch in the dash flickers when the switch is pushed. Any good how to fix it techniques ? Would I have to replace all 4 sensors ?

On the sensor, have somone start the car, put it in reverse and make sure it doesn’t move. Then put your ear near each sensor. The one that’s not clicking is the bad one.

On the sensor, have somone start the car, put it in reverse and make sure it doesn’t move. Then put your ear near each sensor. The one that’s not clicking is the bad one.

Thank you so much for the tip. I was by myself so just set the brake and put the car in reverse, with key on, engine not running. 2 out of 4 are dead. Thinking they are probably all the same vintage, so I'm putting in all 4 .

Back