New guy with a list of questions about modding. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New guy with a list of questions about modding.

litlegto

Reaction score
City, State
Panama City Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mountioneer
I have a few questions about my 2000 5.0 Mountaineer, it is totally stock at this point, but would like to do some mod's. need to find out how many mods can be done with the stock EEC-V computer? reason is I have a 5.0 form my 90 GT with the following mods,
Bored 0.030
Probe Forged Pistons
Ford X303 Cam
Crane (Cobra) 1.7 roller rockers
Hardened pushrods
balanced from the balancer back to the flywheel
eldebrock RPM intake
Holley Street Avenger 670 cfm
2" Spacer (Carb)
motor has less than 5K miles and most of them highway miles.
would like to try and put EFI on this motor into the mountaineer.
I have a a9l computer from the 90 GT. as well as upper and lower intake and maf

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

the stock computer probably wouldn't like it a whole lot. but that could all be fixed with a little tuning. You can contact Jah81592 for that, he's out resident tuning guru and an sct dealer. As far as the intake goes just keep your mountaineer intake, it's a true gt-40 lower, and a slightly modified gt-40 upper (more low end torque). And you won't find anything better unless your wanting to see 6krpm everyday.

The balance is different on the Mustang. Also the Mustang engine haa a distriubtor and the Mountaineer has DIS. You will need to have a the crank pulley drilled and rebalanced to the Mustang.

You will also need to use the complete front dress from the Mountaineer as it is shorter than the Mustang.

This is an excelent thread to read regarding the issue at hand
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193059

Back