• Register Today It's free!

nickxxxr

Reaction score
City, State
Near Reading, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 4 door 4x4 4.0
hi, new member here from reading, pa.

i just purchased a 96 explorer 4 door. 4.0 ohv, selectable 4x4 with 197,000 miles on it. picked it up for $900. needs shocks in the rear and a new drivers seat. otherwise the thing runs great. doesnt drive like a truck with 200k at all. very happy with purchase and hope she had a lot of life in her yet.

pictures soon, as its not in my drive way yet, hopefully begginning of the week. hope to learn alot from all of you here. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

finally found the name of the paint color of my x. its light willow green metallic. not too crazy about the color, or the ford blue interior, but i can live with it haha. pics soon

Your making me curious about that blue...doesn't sound like an interior color I'd want to live with lol.

thanks everybody. the paint is definately unique. i didnt like it at first, but its starting to grow on me with some of the pictures i have seen. hopefully in a couple days it will be home and i can snap some pics. and as far as the blue interior goes, well its not the first or the last ford blue interior ive had, but that doesnt mean i like it lol. it takes some getting used to. still not as bad as the red interior, but id rather have gray. thanks everyone!

Back