New Recall - Program 01M06 - Replace Spare Tire Winch Assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Recall - Program 01M06 - Replace Spare Tire Winch Assembly

sharonis3

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Eddie V8, 02 Ltd V8
Just got a letter from Ford saying that the rusty spare tire winch assemblies are now being replaced!!!!! This is Program 01M06 (Customer Satisfaction Program)
My spare tire almost fell off. I had not had it down for a couple of years. When I lowered the spare tire, the cable broke off. Hate to think of a spare tire dropping in front of a little tin car car. My Explorer is a 1991.

So I will get a refund for the new winch I had to buy in 2000 to $100 Cdn. plus tax. This is stated as all 91 to 94 Explorers that were originally sold in or are now operating in a geographical area of Canada that has highly corrosive atmospheric and road conditions.
(Also, some 1990 thru 1997 Aerostar)

:bounce: :D :redexp: ;) :ca: :chug: :thumbsup: :smoke::ca: :chug: :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am curious if there has been a recal in the US for this? I live in Alaska and cars rust like crazy up here. I own a 93 and 94 explorer.

Is there somewhere to check for this?

MY God, if Ford uses words like " in a geographical area of CANADA that has highly corrosive atmospheric and road conditions."

I cannot imagine the set of adjectives they have for most major US cities. Maybe they throw "crime" in there to make it sound even worst. :D

Location of RECALL

Alaska!!!! It must be cold up there. Just joking, the grass is just starting to think about turning green here in New Brunswick (I am just east of Maine - Tease Americans by saying I am South of Northern Maine)

Check with Ford with the program number I posted on the top of this thread. Alaska, Canada and all the Northern US States would suffer the same corrosion problems. Since this is not a across the board recall, the geographical areas may come out at different times.

Suggest that you say explorer was driven or spent time in corrosive Canada to get coverage!!!

In my mind, from now on Canada = Polite People, Cops w/o Guns, Niagra Falls, Maple Syrup, Countrysides, And Corrosion.

Back