• Register Today It's free!

new shocks

mf94_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Massachussetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
Im in the market for new shocks for my 94 4x4 4 door Explorer.

I do alot of on road driving (daily commuter), but also do a good amount off roading so im looking for a shock better than factory ones, that will handle both types of driving well and that wont be too expensive. My Ex is stock ride height and has 30x9.50 tires on it. Any suggetions or recomendations will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like my Rancho RSX's...you can feel bumps a lot more...handles driving over curbs and speed bumps well. I've hit both hidden by snow but really didn't even phase them. Decent price at $203.96 shipped.

Eb have you run shocks other thean the rancho to compare?. I think I am really interested in the RSX's, but my brother insists that I'll hate the rough ride of rancho, (he has 5000) and recommends the monroe reflex. Good thing I am broke, so can't decide yet:rolleyes:

I have used stock and have driven my friend's X which I believe he has the Sensa-tracs. They sure don't ride like a car, but are not super stiff. Mine are not as stiff as his.

I just put a set of Rancho RSX shocks on my 96. I thought the stock shocks sucked from day 1. These things are a huge improvement over the OEM.

Back