New sports trac owner needs help locating parts post tire blow out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New sports trac owner needs help locating parts post tire blow out

ap0calypse702

Reaction score
City, State
las vegas, nv
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sports trac
Hello !

So a little back story;

i am a new owner of an 04 sports trac XLT by way of incident.

4A4VC2k

6IaoZCd

the tire on the fuel fill side blew and a piece of thread tore and smacked the living crap out of the wheel well and damaging the area.

cap, fuel fill cover, and fill neck assembly were broken

oYipcYG

and also a line comming from what i believe to be the vapor canister has also broke from its original location.

O61HID4

jyd9Vpm

jyd9Vpm

hJiSW2U

qjuxp1E

Im here for some looking for some help in regards to part numbers of the fuel cover and the parts that the fill neck need to the body of the truck, possibly also where the heck that line from the vapor canister is supposed to go! thank you very much in advanced

edit: issues with pictures

link to the album

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All I see are red Xs, no pics.

Down on bottom of his post he has a link to pictures.

So you need the inner wheel well, gas filler tube, evap tube from the evap box above the spare tire, gas door? Anything else? I have a 2002 toredo red ST I'm parting out.

Best places to find things are from owners on here or mysporttrac.com. If they don't have what you're looking for, I always use RockAuto for OEM or similar parts.

Down on bottom of his post he has a link to pictures.

So you need the inner wheel well, gas filler tube, evap tube from the evap box above the spare tire, gas door? Anything else? I have a 2002 toredo red ST I'm parting out.

i believe gas door and evap line (im not sure where that attaches to) will be great as ive order some stuff off ebay already, although i could use a new arm rest lid as mine has a hole in the material.

PM me for some details!

EDIT: missing info

also, i dont know where that line broke off from, i found a great image of it in another thread

i dont know where the line on the right goes as my line has broken off

as the location of my hose is no where close to where its supposed to be and also broken

if anyone can help me out with a picture of where that thing ends that would be amazing!

I have the gas door, filler tube, vent tube, inner wheel well , etc... I'll take pictures tomorrow of the vent tube where it connect to the evap box in between the frame rails above the spare tire.

Back